Saturday, October 9, 2010

Nostalgic Whimsy

I recently found out recently that my childhood doll has been retired by the company that makes her.  I decided to celebrate like anyone else would... by getting my doll and her accouterments out of their hiding places, dusting her off, spiffing her up, and letting her blog!  


So, I've had an interesting day. I've been wearing the same outfit for about 6 years, honestly I can't say, because I have been in a cluttered corner the whole time, collecting dust, without a view of a calendar.  Finally someone decided to grace me with her presence, and it's been a great day!  I got to actually change my clothes, clean up a bit, and even get my hair done.  I put on my nightgown, robe and comfy slippers, sprawled out to relax and was startled by a visitor.  She was cool, so I was able to drift off to sleep. I am really excited to have my first lazy Sunday in years and letting my hair curl.  I just hope it's not another 6 years before I get to change clothes again.  But at least I can see the TV from the corner of this room, so that's an improvement.
-Samantha




No comments:

Post a Comment